Customer Service Hotline 1-866-557-RENT
 Relocation Topics

Developer » URA/Section 104(d) Relocation
 URA Section 104(d)

The Los Angeles Housing + Community Investment Department (HCIDLA) administers several programs funded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that elicit compliance with Federal Acquisition and Relocation laws. The purpose of this webpage is to establish a uniform procedure for developers and their relocation consultants to carry out and comply with federal acquisition and relocation requirements. These requirements are in addition to any applicable relocation requirements under the City’s Rent Stabilization Ordinance.

For Tenant and Landlord information on relocation requirements under the City’s Rent Stabilization Ordinance only, please click here.
Depending on the project funding source(s), HCIDLA complies with the following Federal laws and statutes (click on the titles for links to the full laws):
The URA is the Federal government-wide property acquisition and relocation law that applies to all of the HCIDLA HUD programs. Implementing regulations are issued by the Department of Transportation at 49 CFR Part 24.
·         Public Law 105-117,
With some exceptions, Public Law 105-117 prohibits URA relocation benefits from being paid to individuals who are not legally present in the U.S.; this and other restrictions have been incorporated into the URA regulations.
Section 104 (d) applies to projects funded by CDBG, including Section 108 Loan Guarantees, and HOME.  Public Law 105-117 does not, at present, apply to persons eligible for Section 104(d) relocation benefits.
·         24 CFR Part 42
The implementing regulations of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 references the URA and includes requirements under Section 104(d).
·         24 CFR Part 91
Requires a jurisdiction to state in one document its plan (“consolidated submission”) for pursuing three pre-set goals for all community planning and development programs, as well as for housing programs.
·         24 CFR Part 92
Regulations around the Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME).

·         24 CFR Part 570

      Regulations around Community Development Block Grants (CDBG).

Copyright 2013 Housing And Community Investment Department